The website of Miklós Vincze, PhD
Hello and welcome!
"Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication",
said Leonardo Da Vinci (or Steve Jobs? Thomas Mann? Goethe?).
So this page is pretty sophisticated, I guess.
I am a physicist from Budapest, Hungary.
Currently, I'm a post-doctoral research fellow of the MTA-ELTE Theoretical Physics Research Group,
actually working in the von Karman Laboratory for Environmental Flows.
My topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Experimental and numerical modelling of large-scale atmospheric and oceanic flow phenomena
- Physical oceanography (internal waves, overturning circulation, Atlantic Multidecadal Variability)
- Climate dynamics
- Nonlinear time series analysis
CV and publications
You may find my (scientific) CV here and take a look at my list of publications on my Google Scholar page.
This textbook chapter, written together with my former supervisor Imre M. Jánosi, gives a general overview of our research approach and summarizes some of our results (for personal use only).
Feel free to contact me in email:
Or via our research group:
Mailing address: Pázmány P. stny. 1/A, H-1117 Budapest, Hungary
Besides being a physicist I am also a singer and percussionist,
playing in various world music (and jazz) ensembles.
- We have a two-man band called Ruach that plays 'post-klezmer'. Check out our YouTube channel!
- I am proud to be the 'middle eastern' vocal soloist of the Havasi Symphonic Concert Show.
- I am a regular guest of my Dad's awesome jazz-fusion band Relax Lite (aka Relax Eni-time). They have a pretty active facebook page with tons of music.
- Occasionally (like, once in a year or so) our funny Slovakian-Hungarian world music party band Tócsni&Flódni also gives a concert.
More about this (+ selected discography) can be found in the 'musician version' of my CV here.
I also happen to be a hobby painter. Feel free to view some of my more recent paintings in a scroll-down gallery here.